JNU Recruitment 2019 for Professor/Asst Professor/Associate Professor in New Delhi and 271 posts-
JNU Recruitment 2019– Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) invited job notifications Job notifications to all MSc/M.Phil./Ph.D/D.Phil applicants for Apply Online for 271 posts Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in various department. Those applicants who are interested in the vacancy information & completed eligibility criteria process are given below.
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) is a public university located in New Delhi, India.
Jawaharlal Nehru University was established in 1969 by an act of parliament. It was named after Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister. G. Parthsarthi was the first vice-chancellor. Prof. Moonis Raza was the Founder Chairman and Rector. The bill for the establishment of Jawaharlal Nehru University was placed in the Rajya Sabha on 1 September 1965 by the then minister of education, M. C. Chagla. During the discussion that followed, Bhushan Gupta, member of parliament, voiced the opinion that this should not be yet another university. New faculties should be created, including scientific socialism, and one thing that this university should ensure was to keep noble ideas in mind and provide accessibility to students from weaker sections of society. The JNU Bill was passed in Lok Sabha on 16 November 1966 and the JNU Act came into force on 22 April 1969.
The Indian School of International Studies was merged with the Jawaharlal Nehru University in June 1970. Following the merger, the prefix “Indian” was dropped from the name of the School and it became the School of International Studies of the Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Job detail for JNU 2019-
Post/Designation- Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
Vacany– 271 posts
Job Location– New Delhi
Last Date– 19th August 2019
Detailed Eligibility criteria-
- Candidate should have a PhD. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed
- An outstanding professional, having a PhD degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not included in above)/industry, who has made a significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided with Ten years of experience
Experience- A minimum of 10 years of teaching experience in university/college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor/ research experience at the equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions
For Assistant Professor-
- Candidates Should Complete Master‘s degree with 55% marks in a concerned/ relevant/ allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university
- Candidates Should Complete PhD. Degree in regular mode in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines with good academic records
- The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET
For Associate Professor-
- Candidates Should Complete Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks.
- Candidates Should Complete PhD. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines with good academic records
- A minimum of 8 years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College.
- Search position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy-five as per the criteria
|Post Name||Number of vacacies|
|Assistant Professor||04 posts|
|Associate Professor||157 posts|
Salary wise Post Name-
- Professor: Rs.1,44,200/-2,18,200/-Month
- Assistant Professor: Rs. 57,700-1,82,400/-Month
- Associate Professor: Rs. 1,31,400/-2,17,100/-Month
Selection Process of JNU Recruitment 2019
The selection process is based on Shortlisting the Application form and the shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Application Fee: General/OBC/EWS Candidates- Rs.1000/-
Apply for JNU Recruitment 2019-
All Interested candidates can apply for this job online on or before 19 August 2019 up to 5.30 PM
More Information & Apply: Click here