MSCWB Recruitment 2020 for Asst Engineer/Sub Asst Engineer and 79 posts-
MSCWB Recruitment 2020 – Municipal Service Commission, West Bengal invites has job notification to all B.E/B.Tech/Diploma applicants for 79 posts Apply Online for Assistant Engineer/ Sub Assistant Enginee. Those applicants who are interested in the vacancy information & completed all eligibility criteria process are given below.
Kolkata Municipal Corporation or KMC (formerly Calcutta Municipal Corporation or CMC) is responsible for the civic infrastructure and administration of the city of Kolkata. This civic administrative body administers an area of 205 square kilometres (79 sq mi). Its motto, Purosree Bibardhan, is inscribed on its emblem in Bengali script. KMC is headed by Firhad Hakim the present Mayor of Kolkata.
Kolkata Municipal Corporation was established in 1876. Under the guidance of the first Minister of Local Self-Government in Bengal, Sir Surendranath Banerjee, the Calcutta Municipal Act of 1923 made provision for the enfranchisement of women and the election of a Mayor of Kolkata annually. Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Das was the first Mayor of KMC with Subhas Chandra Bose as his Chief Executive Officer.
The city is divided into 144 administrative wards that are grouped into 16 boroughs. Each of these wards elects a councillor to the KMC. Each borough has a committee consisting of the councillors elected from the respective wards of the boroughs. The Corporation, through the borough committees, maintains government-aided schools, hospitals and municipal markets and partakes in urban planning and road maintenance. The corporation as the apex body discharges its function through the Mayor-in-Council, consisting of a mayor, assisted by a deputy mayor, and ten other elected members of the KMC. The mayor is responsible for the overall functioning of the KMC and has a tenure of five years. At present, the All India Trinamool Congress holds the power in the KMC.
Job detail for MSCWB Recruitment 2020-
Vacancy- 79 Posts
Post/Designation- Assistant Engineer/ Sub Assistant Engineer
Salary– Rs. 9,000-42,000/-Month
Location– Kolkata (West Bengal)
Last Date- 15th May 2020
Detailed Eligibility criteria:
For Assistant Engineer:
- Candidates should complete B.E/B.Tech in Civil/ Electrical Engineering from any recognized institution/ university
- Candidates should be Working knowledge in computer applications
For Sub-Assistant Engineer:
- Candidates should complete Diploma in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering from the State Council for Engineering & Technical Education or its equivalent from a recognized institution/ university
Age Limit (as on 01.01.2020): 18 to 37 years
Upper age relaxable by: As a govt rules.
List Of Vacancies MSCWB 2020-
|Post Wise Name||Number of vacancies|
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||01 posts|
|Assistant Engineer (Electrical)||01 posts|
|Sub Assistant Engineer (Civil)||42 posts|
|Sub Assistant Engineer (Mechanical)||23 posts|
|Sub Assistant Engineer (Electrical)||12 post|
- Assistant Engineer: Pay Level – 16 (Rs.15,600-42,000/- Grade Rs.5400/-)
- Sub Assistant Engineer: Pay Level – 12 (Rs.9,000-40,500/- Grade Rs.4400/-)
- Selection will be based on Examination, Personality Test/ Interview.
- For UR & OBC candidates: Rs.220/- [Rs. 150/- (Application Fee) + Rs. 50/- (Processing charges) + Rs. 20/- (Bank Charges)]
- For S.C., S.T. & PH candidates: Rs.70/- [Rs. 50/- (Processing charges only) + Rs. 20/-(Bank Charges for Challan deposit)]
Mode of Payment: The application fees shall be collected by all the branches of the United Bank of India and the same to be deposited to Account No. 0088010367936 through Challan.
Apply MSCWB Recruitment 2020 –
All interested candidates can apply for this position online at MSCWB website (www.mscwb.org) on or before 07th April 2020.
For More Information: Click here
To Apply: Click here
Important Dates to Remember:
- Commencement of online application: 06.03.2020
- Last date for registration for online application & generation of challan: 15th May 2020