UGC NET 2020 Exam for JRF/ Asst Professor and last date- 16 May 2020-
UGC NET 2020 Exam– University Grants Commission – National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) invites job Master’s Degree applicants for Apply Online for Junior Research Fellowship/Assistant Professor. Those applicants who are interested in the vacancy information & completed all eligibility criteria process are given below.
About UGC NET-
The National Eligibility Test (NET), also known as UGC NET or NTA-UGC-NET, is the test for determining the eligibility for the post of Assistant Professor and/or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) award in Indian universities and colleges. UGC NET is considered as one of the toughest exams in India, with success ratio of merely 6%. Previously, the passing ratio was around 3% – 4%. Assistant Professors in private colleges may or may not be NET qualified but NET qualification is mandatory for universities & government colleges. The Assistant Professor in universities & government colleges is governed under 7th pay Commission with entry pay of ₹ 57,700 excluding HRA, DA and other allowances making it one of the highest paying government job with 3% of annual increment. According to recent report of National Testing Agency(NTA), total 10,34,872 candidates have applied for December 2019 examination, covering 81 subjects, across 700 centres in 219 cities.
Until July 2018, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducted the UGC NET exam but from December 2018 onwards, NTA is conducting the UGC National Eligibility Test. As per the press-release by Indian Government, the exam would be conducted twice a year June month and December month, and it will be conducted in an online mode instead of offline mode.
Job detail for UGC NET Exam 2020-
Exam Name– UGC NET June 2020
Post/Designation– Junior Research Fellowship/Assistant Professor
Job Location- Across India
Last Date-16th May 2020
- Candidates should possess Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC with at least 55% aggregate marks for General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates and 50% aggregate marks for ST/ SC/ OBC/ PWD/ Transgender
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination have been completed by 19 September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET
Age Limit (as on 01.06.2020):
- JRF: Not more than 30 years
- Assistant Professor: no upper age limit
Relaxation in upper age limit: As a govt rules.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- Assistant Professor
UGC NET 2020 Exam – Selection Process:
Mode of Examination:
- The Examination shall be conducted as a Computer Based Test (CBT) only.
- General/Unreserved: Rs. 1000/-
- Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL : Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender: Rs. 250/-
Note: Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable
Mode of Payment: Debit Card/ Credit card, Net Banking/UPI/ PAYTM
Apply UGC NET 2020 Exam-
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position online at the NTA website (www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in) from 16 March to 16 May 2020.
For More Details: Click here
o Apply: Click here
UGC NET June 2020 Exam Dates:
- Online Submission of Application Form 16 March – 16 May 2020 (up to 11:50 pm)
- Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ NetBanking/ Paytm: 16th May 2020 (up to 11:50 pm)
- Correction in particulars of Application Form on the website only: Postponed (Previously 18 April to 24 April 2020)
- Downloading of Admit Cards: Postponed (Previously 15th May 2020)
- UGC NET June 2020 Exam Dates: Previously 15th June 2020 to 20th June 2020
- The date for announcing results: 5th July 2020 (Tentative)