UPSC CDS Combined Defence Services Exam 2019 and 417 Posts-
UPSC CDS exam 2019: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC ) to B.E/B.Tech/Any degree applicants for Apply Online for 417 posts for CDS (Combined Defence Services Examination) (II) Posts in various department. Those applicants who are interested in the vacancy information & completed eligibility criteria process are given below.
The Union Public Service Commission, commonly abbreviated as UPSC, is India’s premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. While the Department of Personnel and Training is the central personnel agency in India.
The agency’s charter is granted by Part XIV of the Constitution of India, titled as Services Under the Union and the States. The commission is mandated by the Constitution for appointments to the services of the Union and All India Services. It is also required to be consulted by the Government in matters relating to the appointment, transfer, promotion and disciplinary matters. The commission reports directly to the President and can advise the Government through him. Although, such advice is not binding on the Government. Being a constitutional authority, UPSC is amongst the few institutions which function with both autonomy and freedom, along with the country’s higher judiciary and lately the Election Commission.
The commission is headquartered at Dholpur House, in New Delhi and functions through its own secretariat. Arvind Saxena has been the Chairman of UPSC since June 2018.
Established on 1 October 1926 as Public Service Commission, it was later reconstituted as Federal Public Service Commission by the Government of India Act, 1935; only to be renamed as today’s Union Public Service Commission after the independence.
Job detail for UPSC 2019-
Vacancy- 417 posts
Exam Name- Combined Defence Services Examination (II)
Conducted by- Union Public Service Commission
Exam Date- September 8, 2019
Job Location-Across India
Last Date- 08th July 2019
Detailed Eligibility criteria:
- For Indian Military Academy (INA): Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- For Indian Naval Academy (INA): Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a recognized university or equivalent.
- For Air Force Academy (AFA): Bachelor’s degree of Engineering/Technology from a recognized university OR degree from a recognized university with Physics & Mathematics as subjects.
- For Officers Training Academy (OTA): Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Bachelor’s degree from a recognized
For IMA – 19 years to 24 years
For AFA – 19 years to 23 years
For INA – 19 years to 22 years
For OTA – 19 years to 25 years
- Candidate should be unmarried to apply for IMA, INA & AFA.
- Male Applicants at OTA are exempted from this restriction.
- Unmarried women, issueless widows, and divorcees can apply for OTA
- General & OBC category: INR 200
- SC/ ST and Females: Exempted
Payment Mode– Online
List of Vacancies of UPSC CDS Exam 2019
|Post Name||Number of Post|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100 posts|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||45 posts|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32 posts|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) [SSC (Men)]||225 posts|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai [SSC (Women)]||15 posts|
Selection Process of UPSC CDS Exam 2019:
The selection procedure will be done on the basis of Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test.
Examination Centres UPSC CDS 2019 :
Agartala,Ahmedabad,Aizwal, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal,Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad,Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu,Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai,Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Port Blair, Praygraj (Allahabad),Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar,Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam.
Download Advertisement: Click here
To Apply: Click here
- Date of CDS Exam (II) Notification: 12.06.2019.
- Closing date of Online Application: 08.07.2019
- Last date for Payment of Application Fee:08.07.2019
- Withdrawal of Online applications:15.07.2019 to 22.07.2019
- Date of Combined Defence Services Examination: 08.06.2019