UPSC exam 2020 for Indian Forest Service and 90 posts-
UPSC exam 2020– Union Public Service Commission invites to B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc/BVMS applicants for Apply Online for Indian Forest Service Examination and 90 posts. Those applicants who are interested in the vacancy information & completed all eligibility criteria process are given below.
The Union Public Service Commission, commonly abbreviated as UPSC, is India’s premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. While Department of Personnel and Training is the central personnel agency in India.
The agency’s charter is granted by Part XIV of the Constitution of India, titled as Services Under the Union and the States. The commission is mandated by the Constitution for appointments to the services of the Union and All India Services. It is also required to be consulted by the Government in matters relating to the appointment, transfer, promotion and disciplinary matters. The commission reports directly to the President and can advise the Government through him. Although, such advice is not binding on the Government. Being a constitutional authority, UPSC is amongst the few institutions which function with both autonomy and freedom, along with the country’s higher judiciary and lately the Election Commission.
The commission is headquartered at Dholpur House, in New Delhi and functions through its own secretariat. Arvind Saxena has been the Chairman of UPSC since June 2018.
Established on 1 October 1926 as Public Service Commission, it was later reconstituted as Federal Public Service Commission by the Government of India Act, 1935; only to be renamed as today’s Union Public Service Commission after the independence.
Job detail for UPSC Exam 2020 –
Vacancy- 90 posts
Exam- Indian Forest Service Examination
Location– Across India
Last Date- 04th March 2020
Exam Date- 31 May 2020
Detailed Eligibility criteria:
- Candidates should possess Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of recognized University.
Age limit (As on 01.08.2020): 21 to 32 years
Relaxations in upper Age Limit: As a govt rules.
The competitive examination comprises two successive stages:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Indian Forest Service Main Examination; and
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
Application Fee: Rs. 100/- and No fee for SC/ST/PH/Female candidates
- Offline mode by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or
- Online mode by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
Apply for UPSC Forest Service Exam 2020-
All interested candidates can apply for this position online at (www.upsconline.nic.in) website on or before 03rd March 2020 till 18:00 hours.
For More Information: Click here
To Apply: Click here
- Starting date for submission of Online Application: 12.02.2020
- Closing date for submission of Online Application: 03.03.2020 till 18:00 hours
- The last date for payment of Application Fee (Pay by Cash): 02.03.2020
- The last date for payment of Application Fee(Online Payment): 3.03.2020 till 18:00 hours
- Available of e-Admit Card in UPSC Website: Three weeks before the commencement of the examination
- Date of Preliminary Examination: 31 May 2020
- Date of Main Examination: November 2020